Monday, January 21, 2008

Where was I?...


Oh yeah...my boy had just been born and I was a zombie. I remember seeing him for the first time just briefly before they took him away. I told him he was so cute. Seriously, I've never seen such a beautiful boy straight out of the womb:) I got to see him again about an hour later when they brought him to me in my room and he was still cute as a button. I couldn't believe how much I loved him!! He and I were champs of breastfeeding right away. Which I was really freaked out about but I ended up doing a really great job and so did he.

I got to hear this story later from my family...

After Cole was born, Travis hurried out to the waiting room to bring back my family one at a time. He had planned on getting my dad first and he was smiling ear to ear as he walked toward the waiting room. But when he walked through the doors and saw my dad, he just started crying and motioned for my dad to come with him. This, unfortunately was NOT the right thing to do. My whole family seriously thought that there were complications and either Cole or I was dead. Good going crybaby Travis:) As soon as my dad got back there and saw that Cole was fine and heard that I was ok, he called Louisa to tell everyone the good news. Travis didn't think he was going to cry, so when he started, he couldn't talk. Too cute:)

It took me a while to recover from my surgery because there was a problem with my anchor stitch but after a couple weeks I was able to get around. Thank goodness for my mama. She was here with me for almost 2 weeks and took the BEST care of me and Cole. Words can't express how grateful I am for having such an AMAZING mom.

So, there you have it...the whole story of my boy, Cole Michael Stanley, coming into the world. I can't even remember what life was like before he came. I think I was extremely bored most of the time:) Now I don't even get a chance to be bored:) I LOVE HIM!!!!!

Time for pictures...


Grandma & Grandpa


Aunt Lou


Uncle John & Cousins Jaden, Bradley & Owen


1st day home!

No comments: