Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So...

In an effort to keep true to my resolution, I am posting a little blurb about my boy. Cole is teething and it is nothing like the teething when he got his front eight. When those first teeth came in, he took 'em like a champ and hardly fussed at all. He busted out a huge one in the back about a month ago and it was a little tougher on him and he had one solid day of being a crank head. But nothing could have prepared me (or him) for the unending boo hoo fest that is occuring with these TWO HUGE teeth that are coming in in the back on the top. Oh my word!!!! He is as miserable as I have ever seen him and I feel so bad for he little butt. Luckily, he has been sleeping through the night (knock on wood) but he does wake up EARLIER at about 530 am!! I am having the utmost patience with him because I know it must hurt like heck but everyone else is having a pretty short fuse with his attitude. He is unhappy doing EVERYTHING, except for when I'm holding him, which is lovely when I have a bunch of work to get done:) He'll chew and chew on frozen teething rings but they can only help for so long. Yesterday, he was puching himself in the sides of his cheeks and gnawing on his index fingers. I keep him happy most of the time by running around outside with him but again, not so convenient when I have work to do. He is always such a happy go lucky kiddo and it just kills me to see him SO miserable. I can see the points of the teeth now, so I'm hoping that an end is in sight. Up until now, it has been five days of red swollen gums. So, I'm looking forward to the day when I get my goofy smiley boy back:) Until then, I will entertain him as best I can, to keep his mind off of his poor little mouth:( And I'll try and look on the bright side...only 9 more teeth to go!! Oh lordy...

No comments: