Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I think we've made it!

The horrible teething has passed. The early morning wake up calls have ceased. My boy is a smiling ball of silliness. For now:) He pushed out teeth #s 10, 11 and 12 in one long drawn out miserable process!! Only 8 more teeth to go:) Hopefully there will be a little lull of happiness before it starts up again. I'm enjoying the moment. Enough about teething...

So, I lost 12 pounds in January. I would normally be thrilled about this but at this rate I will definitely NOT be winning the Barlows' Biggest Loser competition. Believe me, I'm trying to stay positive but most people are shooting for a 20%+ weight loss and I don't think that is possible for me in 3 short months!! Oh well, at least I'm feeling better about myself, right?! After the weigh in on April 15th, I plan to go back to my fertility doctor and get the ball rolling on getting preggers again. I'm not getting any younger and although I got pregnant pretty quickly with Cole, there is no guarantee with PCOS that it will work so easily this next time. I was going to try to get down to my goal weight before I had another kid but that would probably take a few years AND my little sis is getting married in Oct. of 2010, so I want to have my baby early next year and drop a few pounds for the wedding. I will NOT gain another 80 POUNDS with this next pregnancy and I also plan to work out (safely) the whole time:) For now I am focusing on eating better and I exercise everyday. I have definitely been putting on muscle, so I know that is effecting how much I am "losing" as well. It's too bad we aren't competing in inches lost. I just might win that one:) I can already buy a size smaller in jeans:) Focusing on the positive...

5 comments:

barlows said...

Nan, 12 pounds is AMAZING! You don't give up because I am banking that people will lose interest and not go the distance (like those 20%-ers.) And yay! for Louisa; that's fun, right?! Another one of my best girlfriends is preggers with her #2 and she has PCOS. She worked SO hard to lose a lot of weight and she totally ended up knocked up without a ton of medical intervention this time around. Cole is pretty cute, it's no wonder you're ready again :)

Cassidy said...

alright! Good for you Nan! Honestly inches matter more- that should count! I demand a protest! ha ha! Hey just make sure you are drinking ALOT of water. You flush out fat cells that way! Drinking cofee,soda will not do that!)

Cassidy said...

Hey maybe we will be pregnant at the same time! The rate I am going I wouldn't doubt it!

Nan said...

Don't worry Cass, I drink a TON of water everyday:) I only have one cup of coffee in the morning. No soda:) I'm sticking to that one hopefully forever!! Thanks for the tips trainer lady!!! More tips are welcome:)

Cassidy said...

Hey I have 4 great moves for your lower body that I will have to show you. Its done only using you body weight! I need to come visit you at your work soon!