Saturday, April 4, 2009

Losing again

I know I need to just stay off the scale. I have gone down 2 pant sizes!! That's an accomplishment:) I'm not getting on the scale until the weigh in for sure now. I know I still won't win but I will weigh in to see what my percentage of weight loss will be. I'm too hard on myself. I've changed my routine a bit and it seems to be working:

BIG bowl of oatmeal for breakfast (plain).
Veggie or fruit for snack.
Salad for lunch.
Fruit and a stick of cheese for snack.
Work out for no less than 45 minutes, usually on the eliptical listening to my Ipod (it makes the time FLY by and I just keep to the beat of the music). I shoot for burning at least 500 calories.
Fish or chicken for dinner (no more than 6 oz.) plus TONS of veggies & a small salad (I put the dressing on the side in a little cup and dip my fork in it before each bite. I saw it on the Biggest Loser and thought I'd give it a shot).
Lastly, (if I'm wanting something sweet) I eat a Weight Watcher's fruit/cream bar. They are HUGE and have hardly any calories.

It's definitely working and it doesn't feel totally overwhelming, like I'm on a diet. I'm just trying to lose as much as I can before I go try to get pregnant again. I'm making an appointment for the week after next to go to the fertility doctor to start my first round of shots. No time like the present, huh? I know I will keep working out while I'm pregnant and that will help me during my recovery from my next c-section. It doesn't seem so scary this time around because I know what I'm in for. At least I get to pick my kid's birthday! I was totally out of shape when I had Cole, so my recovery was HARD. I'm hoping that I'll be up and around (and off pain killers) after the first week. I won't have time to be bed ridden, I'll have TWO kids:) !!!! Wish me luck!

No comments: