Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thankful

I am so thankful for my life. I have an amazing family...both immediate and extended:) If I ever needed anything, I know that I would have at least 10 people waiting in the wings to spring into action. Travis' family has always made me feel like one of the family. For the last FIFTEEN years, they have been a part of my life and I am so grateful for each and every one of them. I am so happy that Travis and I got to live near (and even with) Heather a John:) We became so close and it was such an experience to live with Jaden for the first 10 months of her life. I love that I have been around for so long to see the Stanley kids find love and get married and have babies. Josh, Travis' older brother was my very best friend in high school and I am so lucky that I will have him in my life forever as my brother. He is one of the greatest men and friends I know:)

I am so grateful for my beautiful sisters. Sarah has always been someone I could look up to and I appreciate her example of strength and her unending compassion for all of those around her. Louisa has grown into such a strong and independent woman. I am amazed by all of her accomplishments and how she always keeps her feet on the ground:) For those of you who don't know:)...she recently became BETTE MIDLER'S Pilates instructor!! Yeah, she's awesome:) Go Lou! She has been such a support with Coley since the day he was born. She was especially amazingly helpful while Travis was in Wyoming...I honestly don't think I would have made it without her. My sisters are my best friends. Both are so dear to me and are honestly the only people in the world that I can tell ANYTHING to. I wouldn't be the person I am without my sisters. They brighten my days with their silliness and beautiful spirits.

My husband is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. He is always willing to do anything and everything that is asked of him by almost anyone. He is a major pain in my behind sometimes but even when I am fuming, he finds a way to make me giggle. He is my best friend and I love him. I love that we always say to each other, "I'm so glad that I'm married to you because you are the ONLY person that I can spend tons of time with and NEVER get sick of:)". Oh how I love that man of mine.

I have come to the realization lately that I have become my father:) I bought his house, I run his business & I look just like him:)!! I honestly don't mind it a bit though:) I love hanging out with my dad because he always makes me think and he always makes me laugh. He is always very supportive and encouraging. I know how much he loves me and my sisters and that makes me love him even more.

My mama is a tough little cookie that I adore. She likes to be called "spry", which always cracks me up. She impresses me constantly with her strength and determination. And I admire her constant effort to be a better person and rise above:) She is a wonderful mother and I am so lucky to have her advice when it comes to my boy. Oh my boy...

Cole is hands down the greatest thing to have ever happened to me. I thank God for him every day. I am so thankful that I live in a time where I was able to receive help in getting pregnant with him. He is the light of my life and he impresses me daily. He is so strong and so smart and it is amazing to me how much he changes day by day. I love his hugs and slobbery kisses. I love his chunky arms, legs, tummy, butt and cheeks. I love that he growls and screams at the dogs. I love that he is so excited to see our dog Trambo and says "Cambo" every time he sees him in the morning and when we get home from work. He is such a wonderful baby. He is so full of love and life and he is honestly the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love his laugh and his toothy smile. I could go on and on about the things I love about this boy. Most of all...I love that he loves me more than anybody else on the planet:)

I am also incredibly thankful for my dogs Trambo and Wendy. Trambo was my first baby and I can't believe he just turned NINE. My baby Wendy came to me when I was having trouble getting pregnant and she helped fill a growing hole. I am so thankful for her floppy eared tv watching self. She is so cuddly and she loves me so much. I have been very lucky in my life to have had 4 amazing dogs...Josie, Charley, Trambo and Wendy. There's nothing like the unconditional love of a puppy:)

So, I am full of thankfulness for so many people and for the experiences that I have had that have made me who I am. Please excuse this long winded blant (blogging rant) but I just needed to get it out. I know I haven't talked about everybody that I am thankful for but I am sure you all know who you are and I desperately need to go to bed:) I am so grateful for my life and for everything that I have been blessed with. My family & friends fill me up daily and I appreciate them all so much. Thank you thank you thank you. Goodnight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER JAMI TOMORROW!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome post Leanne! I always thought in high school that you had such a cool family. Didn't you have some name for when you went to your mom's house? Good to hear from you. I love catching up with everyone on the blog-wave.

Cassidy said...

We love you Leanne! The Stanley Fam would not be the same without you! I love having so many sisters and I seriously do hope you know that ANYTIME you can call when you need help or if you are just bored and want to hang out! :) Thanks for comming to check out our house it means a lot having all of our fam as a support and to share this exciting moment with us.