Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm still here:)

Too much to write about and not enough time! Cole has been keeping me very busy lately. His top 4 teeth have been busting through for about 3 weeks now and this last week, he got really sick. I consider myself pretty lucky that this was really his first time being sick with anything and he is 9 months old. I can't believe he is already 9 months old!!! He is saying dada and mama pretty regularly now and he busts out with ball, Trambo, Bella and Gampa every now and then. Such a smart little cookie! He has an awesome little belly laugh now that CRACKS ME UP!! He has stood by himself just a handful of times but I think he is starting to realize that he doesn't have to hold on to something to stay standing. He hates wearing clothes but I fight him into them everyday:) Once we get home from work, I strip him and he is as happy as a clam (how do you know if a clam is happy?). Anyway, I'm at work by myself for the next 4 working days and I'm probably going to have to drive the fork lift and unload some shipments!! It's freaking me out a bit but Guy (my co-worker) showed me how to operate it before he left and I did pretty well. My main goal will be to not destroy anything while I am driving the fork lift around. My dad and Gail went to their 40 year high school reunion and they are driving around visiting family up in Oregon for the next 2 weeks. Guy left for Kansas this morning and won't be back until Wednesday of next week. So, it's just me and Cole kickin' it at work for the next few days. If anybody wants to swing by and hang out...feel free:)


Oh...I forgot to talk about Cole being sick. He started off with a cough and a stuffy nose. He had that for about 3 days and then he added a fever and diarrhea, so I took him to his doctor. He said that Cole was had an early stage of an ear infection, so he started him on an antibiotic, told me to give him pedialyte and give him some children's cold medicine. If he didn't get better, I was supposed to bring him back in. He woke up the next morning still coughing but happy. Same the next day. Then on the morning of the 4th, he woke up screaming and crying and hacking and puking. Needless to say, we took him to a quick care and they listened to his lungs and thought he might have pneumonia, so they took and x-ray. Luckily, his lungs were clear and they doc gave us a prescription for some cold medicine that would help break up all of his phlegm. My fourth of July was pretty much spent rocking a sick and miserable boy. After I put him to bed for the night, we set off some fireworks and that was fun. By Monday, he was feeling much better and now he is back to his happy little self. Sick babies are NOT FUN:) But we made it through.

Travis' birthday was on the 3rd of July and we ate dinner at my dad's house. The Saturday before, we had a party at my house with all of Travis' family. We barbequed hamburgers and hot dogs and swam. It was super fun! So, that pretty much wraps up my last few weeks. I actually have some work to do:)

3 comments:

Josh said...

I'm glad Cole is better. It is so scary when kids get that sick.

The Muehlendorfs said...

Oh Nan, I'm so glad you plugged back in to the blog matrix. There is no real life out there. Life is valid only when witnessed on the information super highway. BTW, does your dad still recycle antifreeze? Isn't that what he did back in H.S.?

Cassidy said...

So glad to hear that Cole is ok! Its so sad when kids are that sick and there is nothing you can do for them but give them a little TLC.