Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just for fun...

Sarah, Erin, Me, Jill & Heather:) Ya just gotta love those peach hip hugging dresses we had to wear. Honestly...look at how shiny they were.


I like this picture because it reminds me of the day we took SO many pictures of us. We took some really funny "serious" close up pictures of us individually. If I can find those, I'll post them. They are too funny. In some of them we are holding our hands under our chins or are holding our hands on our faces. Very Glamour Shots! (Me, Erin, Sarah, Jill & Heather)


One summer...eating plums. I think I ate every plum at the Garrard's house. What can I say...they were good:)


Choir banquet...I think our Junior year. I look like I'm wearing a curtain. I was so self conscious of my body, I covered it up whenever possible. Seriously, you can only see my head and hand...how sad.


One of my birthdays. Don't remember how old I turned but I know it was a good one.


Jill & Heather in Hawaii after graduation. We went to our favorite place to eat:)


Jill & me in my room (before I started plucking my eyebrows). The two of us took many pictures of each other and also video taped ourselves doing nothing in my room all of the time. Good times:) Behind us on the wall there is a cut out quote from a magazine that says, "Once a month, I wish I were a guy."...deep...very deep.


Jill & Sarah...love those smiles:)


Not sure what we were doing but we look darn good! I know it was something church related...duh:) Gee I had some pretty friends.


Another picture from the "picture day". Palm trees are ugly.


Pay close attention to this picture and the next. Can you see what's different? :)


We had to do this alot because we would all want to be in the picture but then no one would be able to take it...so we just swapped someone out and took it again.


Here's another one...and look...surprise! I'm covered head to toe!


Heather did a good job holding her pose. I don't think Sarah was paying much attention. She was too busy talking to that BOY she met in Hawaii and had in our room!!!


This is Travis' older brother Josh. He's the BEST! He's so little and skinny!


Choir trip!! Jill, Adam's feet, me & Cal. I have a scrunchie on my wrist...awesome.


I just flat out LOVE this picture. Could she be more thrilled.


It's funny, when I think about high school (which is rare) I remember mostly hating it. But when I look back at all the pictures of the good times I had and what great friends I had, I am reminded that it wasn't all that bad. In fact it was pretty good. Thank you Sarah, Jill, Heather, Erin & Joshie ...you are my good memories.

9 comments:

Josh said...

No. Thank you Leanne. I can't imagine having to do high school without you. I was a friendless nerd before you and the others let me hang with you. Then I was just a nerd, with some really cool friends.

John and Heather Davis said...

Awe Nan! I havent been checking anyone blogs in a while. So I have a little time and I come check yours out and you have a million posts that I havent read and I fill myself overcome in gratitude for you. I am so greatful that you have been apart of our family for 15 years. You helped me through so many things in my life and always helped me see things from different perspectives. Ive always been so greatful for your advise and your shoulder to cry on. What a wonderful experience it was to be able to live near and with you and Travis for the first 3 1/2 years of John and Is marriage. I honestly dont know what I would have done without you and Travis when Jaden came along! I have always looked up to you as my big sister even before you were! I'll love you forever!!;)

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! I hope when I get out of High School that I can look back on my photos with all my friends and remember how much fun it really was. As of now....It really stinks!
Love you guys!,
Brianna

Cassidy said...

Great pictures! Josh was such a stud! ha ha

Erin said...

Oh Nan, YOU were a very bright part of my high school memories. Really. I think I probably owe 98% my laughs to you. You're in so many of my favorite memories. I LOVE YOU. Hey, remember when we stole the political sign of some guy's awfully phallic name and shoved it into your little red car & put it on Mike's doorstep??? I don't know if I've ever been so close to peeing my pants from laughing so hard! Again, thanks for all the great memories!

Sarah said...

That first picture is classic! So funny! Thanks for the laugh - it's a good way to start this Monday.

barlows said...

Funny! You have barely scratch the surfaced. I love how (in the birthday pic) we're wearing the same shirt, but in a different color . . . and I'm wearing that shirt in that picture with Jill. The photo shoots were always hilarious (how HIGH were my jeans?!) The banquet picture of us has always been one of my faves, and say what you want about your dress, but you were BEAUTIFUL that night. My memories of high school are GOOD ones and all because I lucked out and met you in Mrs. Ferraro's English class our freshman year. I LOVED every minute of you, even the drama :) You da best, and I'm totally rebusting out my scanner here shortly.

Erin said...

I especially love the humongo scrunchie at the end of Sarah's french braid in the picture of you two in your kitchen. Ahhhh, the days of giant scrunchies....

Heather Rice said...

Leanne,
Okay, so I'm a little late in reading this post! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. You play a starring roll in my best memories. You are so fun to be with. I miss you and love you.
-Heather