Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby oh baby!

I registered for my baby stuff at Babies R' Us on Saturday and it only took me...2 1/2 hours!! It was supposed to be me, Travis, Heather, Jami, Cassidy & Shelley (Travis' step-mom). But Shelley & Steve got robbed during the week and had to look for their belongings at the swap meet on Saturday (don't ask) and Cassidy (Travis' brother Josh's wife) went out of town for the weekend. So, it ended up being me, Travis, Heather (Travis' sister), Jami (Travis' sister) and her husband Nate, which turned out to be just perfect:) Heather has 3 kids and had alot of good advice on what to be sure to get and what not to even bother looking at. Jami has a little girl and it was nice to have contrasting views on some of the stuff (but not so many different views that I wanted to stick something in my eye). I registered for everything under the sun and then some:) I decided not to register for any of the bedding because I really don't want a "theme" in my nursery, I just want a color scheme. So, I'm going to make the bedding and maybe even the curtains myself. I'm going to go to Joanne's this weekend and pick out the fabric. I'm so excited to get his room done!

Good news! Travis and I decided on wood floors for our house, so I am super excited about getting that put in. We also picked out the carpet, so that will go in in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get my house all situated and ready for Cole to make his arrival! Speaking of...he is a true acrobat inside of me now. I feel him wiggling througout the day and when I lay down at night, he goes absolutely bonkers and kicks me like crazy! Travis actually got to feel him kicking on Monday night for the first time. He was so freaking happy and I felt so happy for him. He has been a bit bummed that I get to experience all of the wiggles and kicks. I told him that eventually he'll be glad that he won't have to deal with being kicked in the ribs and bladder throughout the day:) He also brought to my attention last night that when Cole is born, I will be out numbered and over ruled by boys in the house. I told him that sure I'll be out numbered but I will never over ruled:) He may be the head of the house but I am the neck and can turn him any which way I please. Girl power! I love that man of mine!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh how fun! I didn't know you had decided on Cole for the name--Love it! How exciting you're getting everything new new new! New baby stuff, new carpet, new wood floors... Lucky ducky! Can't wait to see you again with your cute little bump! And I'm glad to see you're back to the blogging world.

barlows said...

YAY! Baby boy is named? Cole? CUTE! One of my current faves. I am glad the registering went well. Did we settle on a date for the shower? I'll be gone most of July, so I want to get the invites, etc. together. I'll talk to you soon. Yay! Yay!