Friday, May 4, 2007

Good news and a scare...

I found out on Tuesday that I am having a baby boy! I am a little freaked out simply because I didn't have any brothers and have never changed any boy diapers. I figure, that's what I've got Travis for:) Not only was he a boy himself, he also had two younger brothers that he helped raise. I know that this baby will love the crap out of me and he will be my bud:) The more I get used to the idea, the more excited I get. I really was not allowing myself to start preparing one way or the other until I knew but I did know that if it was a girl, piece of cake. Not that girls are a picnic, with their diva tantrums, fashion squabbles, not to mention the whole puberty thing but I just have been there, done that. So I thought I could handle that better:) Now all of my thinking has to shift to boys:) Little mischevious, dirty, smelly, adorable boys:) I really cannot wait to meet him.

The scare I had came yesterday in the form of bleeding. Now for someone who has not had any bleeding during this pregnancy (I take that back, I had a spot or two in NY) it freaked the crap out of me. I called my doctor and she said if it continued that I would have to go to the emergency room. Not good. My big ultrasound isn't until the 16th and she said that I shouldn't have sex until then either. Great. I went home checked on the baby's heartbeat (nice and strong) and laid down for the rest of the day and night. So far today, all that remains are a few brown spots here and there. So I think it was just a fluke:)

Grey's bored me to tears last night. The only good scene was Izzie and George kissing in the elevator. I have always been a fan of making out:) I am not a fan of Addison's (I can't stand her duck face that she makes on a regular basis) and was bothered by the fact that they spent more than half the show introducing all of the characters from her new show. Boring.

The Office is the best show on tv:)

1 comment:

barlows said...

Your little boy will be the best little boyfriend you've ever had. I am not sure how Freud analyzes it all, but boys and their moms are the best things EVER! I am excited for you . . . they do smell differently, though.