Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're on our way...

We finally picked out and purchased the wood for our floors and will be scheduling the carpet to be installed in a couple of weeks! I'm so happy that we are finally making progress on all of our house stuff!

I had a doc appt. yesterday and according to my OB, my pregnancy is absolutely normal! With the combination of my blood work and the perinatal ultrasound, everything looks perfect, so she said I don't need to worry about having a small baby or going into preterm labor. Hooray!! Just what I needed to hear. It is funny how 20 years ago, there weren't all of these tests that you could do, so you just got pregnant, had an ultrasound here and there and had a baby. Now, there are so many tests and screenings it seems like sometimes it causes undo stress and worry. I understand that these things are helpful if there is a problem but when they point to a problem and there is none...it is a little annoying:)

My birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'm going to be 30! It's crazy because I still feel ike I'm only 19:) Much more mature of course and more patient but I definitely don't feel 30. I remember how old I thought 30 was, even when I was 20. Now it doesn't seem so old:) I'm still just me and 30 is just a number. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. Travis and I are going to go away for my birthday and I'm looking forward to that. As much as Las Vegas is my home and I love it...I usually LOVE to leave it all behind for a few days or so. I think we will go to San Diego but I haven't decided yet.

Note to Sarah B.- In case you don't check your myspace, my 3 sister -in-laws want to help with the shower:) So, if you want their help, give me a call and I'll give you Heather's phone number or let me know if you want me to give your number to her. Or if you want the stress free life of not throwing the shower, they would be more than happy to jump in. Don't think for a second that I don't want you to throw my shower but I am giving you an out because I know how much easier it is to attend a shower than it is to throw one & I also know that you have 4 children and a husband that rule your world:) On the otherhand, I know you love a challenge and love staying busy busy busy:) I love you for that!! Just let me know what you want to do and keep in mind, my sisters are here to help (Heather, Jami & Cassidy). I want the shower to be on August 18th, so that both of my sisters & mom can attend. I'm making my list of people now and it is getting quite long. Is there a limit on the number of people I should invite:)? I'm so excited!!!!

1 comment:

barlows said...

Sorry, I meant to call today. I totally want to throw the shower. Don't let those Stanley girls take it away from me :) j/k. I could totally use their help, and no limit. You invite as many people as you want. August 18th it is. PAR-TAY!