Thursday, July 12, 2007

This little piggy...

I don't recognize my feet by the end of the day anymore:( I am either on my feet or sitting in my chair with my feet on the ground all day and my poor ankles and feet are paying the price. I am trying to put them up more but I am up and down all day and don't really have a convenient place to put them up. Thankfully, I have a lovely pool that I swim in every night and that helps with the swelling alot! But the last few hours of work are tough & the drive home & standing while I make dinner is torture. It seriously feels like my toes are going to pop off. My doctor said that with as hot as it is and for as long as I'm on my feet all day, it is normal. As long as my blood pressure stays normal & I'm not having bad headaches, it is not a sign of preeclampsia. It is just a sign of being pregnant in the hot ass desert! So, I miss the bones that used to stick out on my ankles and as much as I've never been fond of my flinstone feet or short little piggies...I would gladly take them over these scary puffed up sausages at the end of my legs:) (good visual huh?) My belly is getting heavier and I swear Cole is going through some kind of growth spurt because I feel stretched inside and have terrible shooting pains down low on my uterus when I stand up or roll over in bed. Ah the joys of pregnancy:) Overall...I'm feeling pretty good & my few complaints are totally manageable.

I'm getting really excited for my baby shower in August!! I'm mostly excited to spend some time with people I don't always get to see, so hopefully people show up:) And to top it all off I get presents! I actually feel bad that a majority of the things on my registry are so expensive but I guess when you are having your first baby and you need EVERYTHING, some things are spendy. A few people have actually called me asking what I want the most because they want to get me the best present because they loved what I got them so much (too sweet). Usually, I make diaper cakes for baby showers that I go to (3-4 layer cakes made out of diapers that are stuffed and decorated with essential goodies). I LOVE making them and actually wish that more people that I know were having babies, so that I could make them more often. I actually wouldn't mind starting my own business where I made them and sold them!! That would be a dream job for me. I would have to find a way of making them less expensive though...I ususally get carried away and put way too much stuff in & on them:) I'm rambling...bye!

No comments: