Monday, July 2, 2007

AWESOME...

I had a 3d/4d ultrasound on Saturday and it was probably the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed:) I got to see my baby boy's sweet face and watch him wiggle around inside of me. Absolutely awesome. He spent most of the first 10-15 minutes with both of his legs and feet pulled up against his face. He was grabbing his feet with his hands and was covering his face pretty good. Finally after switching sides and even sitting up for a few minutes, he dropped his feet to his chest and we got an amazing view of him. He was sticking his tongue out and rubbing his eyes and blinking! He looks just like me:) I burst into tears when we finally saw his face...I didn't think I was going to do that. My sister Sarah was in town and she started crying at the same time I did. I had no idea how clear we would see him and how much he would look like me. Travis was of course thrilled to death and said he likes that he looks so much like me since he thinks I'm so cute:) And since I am the female version of my father, Cole looks just like my dad. When I showed the pics to my dad, he said, "Hey, that looks like me!". Travis' family was in the ultrasound room with us as well and although this is #7 grandchild & nephew for them they were so excited and oohed and aahed at everything he did. My room limit was 10 but a few extras squeezed in for the main event. Everyone there included: Aunt Sarah, Daddy Travis, Grandma, Great-Grandma, Aunt Cassidy, Aunt Heather, Aunt Julie, Aunt Candice, Cousin Jaden, Cousin Owen, Aunt Jami, Cousin Abby & Uncle Nate. I will post pics when I remember to bring them into work. The first thing that Cole decided to show to us was his penis:) Because he was a little spread eagle and had both of his feet in front of his face, we got a very clear picture of the goods. The ultrasound tech said, "oh...you do already know the sex don't you because your baby is NOT shy!". I told her we already knew and she said that there is NO doubt now because "there's his package!". Too funny. The tech was so nice and she was getting very excited to finally see his face after he was covering up for so long. I had the best time and was so happy that so many people came to see him...I think that makes up for my crappy birthday:)!!

I had a great time with Sarah over the weekend. She had her 33rd birthday on the 29th and we swam all day in the pool on the 30th. Let me tell you that floating in a pool when you are pregnant is wonderful!!! I didn't realize how heavy he was until I had to climb out because I was getting pruney. It was a very good feeling to be weightless for a few hours!! I always have the best ime with my sisters. Hopefully one day we will all live nearby each other. I better make it to Sarah's wedding in September. I know that I will be pushing it because I will be 38 weeks on her big day but I have had several talks with Cole, telling him to just stay put until the day we get back from the wedding:) Say a little prayer for me!

1 comment:

barlows said...

AHH Nan! You are not a bad person for falling asleep while you grow your handsome little boy! I did miss you, but I am sure we'll get together soon, if not before your shower. Woo hoo! You are so lucky to have a preview of sweet Cole, but imagine that love and emotion a billion-fold and that's what you'll get when he joins our world. Loves to ya!