Monday, March 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home...

Well, I'm back from New York and I can tell you one thing for sure...flying for 5+ hours when I'm pregnant is not a good thing. I flew to Chico first on Saturday and left for NY with Sarah on Monday. The flight to Chico was an hour and I didn't have any problems. The flight to NY is around 5 1/2 hours and the minute I got there, I was puking in the airport bathroom. I also threw up in the cab ride to my sister's. The cabbie was really sympathetic. I explained that I was pregnant & luckily, I took a few barf bags from the plane with me. He wished me and my baby "good health" when we got out. I felt weak, sick and completely out of it for the first day and only slightly better on the second. After that, I had a really good time:) I fought off my nausea with food and believe me, I beat it down with a variety of splendid New York meals! No body makes pizza like New York!! I also had some REALLY good Indian food. Bagels, smoothies, hot dogs...you name it, I probably ate it:) I also went to a famous place called Serendipity's and had THE BEST BANANA SPLIT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! Louisa had a frozen hot chocolate (which is what they are mostly famous for), it was AMAZING! Sarah had a "You Can't Say No Sundae" and OH MY WORD!! It had a peanut butter pie covered with vanilla ice cream & hot fudge! We all agreed that they were the best things we have ever eaten. Good times:) We walked alot and rode the subway and buses. Since it was Sarah's first time going, she was super excited about every thing we did, it was really cute. I kept feeling bad that I had to walk a little slower than them but they kept telling me what a trooper I was for being able to do all that I was doing. I love my sisters:)! We really did do more than I thought I was going to be able to and we had the BEST time! I 'm so happy that Louisa is moving back to Vegas but I will miss being able to go to New York whenever I want and having somewhere to stay for free:) But I would much rather have her here than there...I miss her terribly.

I got home on Friday night and have spent the last two days barfing my guts out. TMI? I don't know if it was the altitude or the time change or all of the above but flying for extended periods makes me sick as a dog when I'm pg. But hey, now I know:) I'm feeling much better today but I'm still a little icky. I'm getting excited because my little bump is starting to grow:) I'm really noticing that I can't suck in my lower tummy at all any more. And when I lay down, I can feel where my squishy tummy changes into hard underneath! I have my first appointment with my regular OB today. I can't beleive I don't have to go back to the fertility center (well, not until I want to get pregnant again). All of the people there were so wonderful and helpful. I should send them a gift basket or something to show my thanks for all that they did.

Well I guess that sums up my time away from home and work and blogging:) Oh, my mom gave me the cutest diaper bag and a little outfit for the baby. It's my first present for the baby! I love my mom, she is the best!

No comments: