Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New York, NewYork!

For my older sister Sarah's spring break (she is going to grad school), we are going to visit my little sister Louisa in New York! This will be my 4th time going and Sarah's first. I'm excited to show her everything! I just hope that my preggo fatigue doesn't plague me too much while I'm there. I'm still tired as hell. I promised her that I would do all of the touristy stuff with her, so I'm going to try my hardest to stay on my feet:)

I'm feeling really nervous about leaving Travis alone to take care of our house and all of our "kids". We have a bird, some fish, a cat & 2 dogs. I am, of course, the nurturer and talk to all of them and feed them and love them. Travis plays with the dogs on occassion but my Vizsla, Wendy, is glued to me at the hip. She goes to work with me everyday and she CRAVES lovin'. I'm sure that Travis will do fine but I think they will be a little weirded out without me around. Travis told me last night that he doesn't want me to go because he wants to keep an eye on his "son". I explained that he said he was fine with me going a few months ago and that I already new I was pregnant when I made the plans. He said that now it feels so real and he doesn't think it is safe for me to go "running all over New York" with a baby in my tummy:) He's silly & sweet. I told him that my sisters will take good care of me.

While I am out of town he is going to clean out the garage!! Yahoo!! I hope that it actually gets done:) I haven't parked my car in there in almost a year. When I get home, we are pulling out all of our old carpet & flooring and getting all new floors. I haven't decided if I want my hard floors to be wood or tile. I'm pretty sure what carpet I am getting but can't quite decide between wood & tiles. Since I've never actually had either, I'm not sure which one lasts longer, is easier to clean or which would look best in my house. Decisions, decisions:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

so glad you're back, nan! People are reading...so don't give up the blog! We all want the updates on your daily pregnancy woes...we'll commiserate with you & totally sympathize with you! The whole thing seems yucky sometimes, yet completely amazing.

barlows said...

Okay. I Love, love loved our hard wood floors in our old house. It was easy to maintain/clean, but it's a bummer if you have a flood. The wood seemed a little more forgiving when the kids bonked their heads on it WHEREAS the tile we have now seems to be REALLY hard when they crack their noggins. Tile is easy to clean as long as the grout is well sealed because the grout dirties/stains so easily. I am excited to hear about your NY trip. Don't over do it; it's totally worth it to come home to a clean garage. I'll tell Tyler . . . maybe he'll do something spectacular while I'm in Mexico. Sorry I just blogged on your blog!