Monday, April 30, 2007

Nothing like a childhood trauma...

Ok, so we almost killed our 3 year old nephew Bradley right when we arrived at the campsite on Friday night. We pulled up at about 9pm and it was pitch black outside. Steve (Travis' dad) told us to pull around and back into a spot for our trailer. We started driving forward at about 5-10 mph for at least 50 ft or so and all of the sudden Steve started yelling, "STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!!". He ran toward the back of our truck and I thought, we were probably going to run over a big rock or something and then he emerges with Bradley in his arms. Apparently, Bradley had seen our truck when we first arrived and ran out to us and when we started moving, he was stuck between the truck and our trailer we were pulling and he was running for his life. The trailer hit him and he had enough sense to grab onto the front bracket of the trailer and we dragged him for a bit. If he would have let go, we would have surely run over him with the trailer. I seriously almost threw up when Steve walked out from behind our truck with Bradley. That kid is one tough cookie and he is also a little mischevious poop. He really doesn't listen very well and he pushes his parents' patience as far as it can possibly go on a daily basis. They didn't see him run away from the campsite and the only reason that Steve saw him was because his shoes light up when he walks (or in this case, runs away from a trailer). I felt absolutely terrible but I know that we weren't at fault in the slightest. It wasn't until Sunday morning that Heather told me that it was a blessing that we hit him with the trailer:) She said that he runs out into the street all of the time at home and her explanations of what terrible things could happen to him had never meant much. But when they went walking to the bathroom the day after "the incident" he turned to her as they approached the road and said, "NO, TRUCK TRUCK, NOOOOO!!!" and wanted her to pick him up. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a near death experience to get the point home. Good times!

Other than that, we had a pretty good time. I didn't catch any fish but Travis and most of the rest of his family did. I also got a migraine while I was there and had to sleep for about 4 hours while everyone else was having fun:( I tell ya, being pregnant has intensified my headaches 10 fold and migraines seem to come more often. I did read that hormone changes can give you headaches but come on...these suckers lay me out. One day last week I went to bed at 530pm and didn't get up until 7 the next morning! Not fun.

I'm excited that my doctor's appointment is tomorrow! I'm super excited to schedule my ultrasounds! Hopefully it won't be too far away. Is it a boy or a girl?!!!!

No comments: