Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So much to do!

I have been SO busy this past week, I don't even know where to begin. The biggest and best thing that I did was attend MY baby shower. It was AWESOME!!! Thank you to Sarah B. for making her house so inviting and exciting for my family & friends! I had the best time!! We played fun games and I was surrounded by all of the people that I love the most in this world!! I couldn't have asked for anything more. There was even a chocolate fountain, which I devoured almost completely by myself:) Great food, great people...what more does a preggo girl need? I got SO many presents, I couldn't believe it!! I saw people bringing in their gifts as they arrived but I had no idea how much there was until I walked into the room to open them and seriously, the room was FILLED!! I felt a little uncomfortable being in the spotlight, opening gifts for what seemed like a really long time but it meant so much to me to have received so many wonderful things from so many wonderful people. I think I also felt a little uncomforatble because, unknown to me, the fireplace was pumping out a little heat behind me the entire time I was opening my gifts:) I know that I run a little hot becuase I'm pregnant but I was sitting there thinking, "MAN O MAN AM I MELTING!!". I was sitting in a leather chair and by the time I was done with opening presents and stood up, my body was soaked. I had boob sweat marks & a sweat circle on my back (really sexy). Good thing I was surrounded by people who love me in spite of my sweatiness:)

My boy will be very stylishly dressed and he has a blanket for every day of the month! Speaking of blankets...one of my favorite gifts is the blanket I received from my mom & Gail (step-mom). When I was born, 30 years ago, Gail made a quilt for me that she gave to my mom and I wore it out. I didn't know that my mom had held on to that blanket for all of these years and she had gail take it apart and salvage most of the squares and add some new ones and make an entirely new quilt for Cole. It blew me away and of course, made me cry:) Sarah B. also had put in the invitation for the guests to bring a book instead of a card with their gift and that turned out awesome! I got so many great books to read to Cole, I cannot wait for him to get here. I have a doctor appointment in 45 minutes, so I'll write more later.

No comments: