Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good News!!

Yesterday at 2:30 pm, my doctor called me and told me the good news! We're pregnant!! Of course it is very early and I would prefer to wait until I'm in the clear (through my first trimester) but the way that I have to get pregnant doesn't leave much to the imagination. Everyone in my family knew when I was inseminated and everyone in my family knew when the blood test would be to determine if I was pregnant or not, so I figured I might as well share with everyone:) I was totally preparing myself for bad news, just so I wouldn't be too devastated if it didn't work. Travis kept telling me I was pregnant but when I told him that I was, he sounded pretty surprised. We hoped that we would be pregnant, not only because we want another kid but also because we knew we would have to wait quite a while to do it again, since it was so expensive. So, I can proudly say that I already have a thrifty baby!! Only one shot and we got him/her. The funny thing is that we had to try three times for Cole and that was still heaper than this one time! Ooh, more exciting news, I have to go in in about a week for an ultrasound to find out how many kids I have in me! Holy crap, right?! I had two mature eggs, which I think I included in my previous blog, so we have to check and see if one or both took. I'm hoping for one, just because it would be easier (as easy as having a newborn can be) but twins would be...interesting:) I have been put on a crazy regimen of progesterone and estrogen pills and creams. It is seriously insane how many pills I have to take during the day. But I, of course, am very diligent because I want to keep this little sucker in me and growing! I have to take TWO progesterone pills FOUR times a day, TWO estrogen pills THREE times a day and I have to insert a progesterone cream in my hoohaa (lol) TWO times a day!! Seriously, are my hormones out of whack or what?! Oh well, I'm just thrilled that it worked!! I can' believe I'm pregnant!!!! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! I already have a boy name picked out (no idea what the middle name will be) but if it is a girl I don't know what we'll name her. Travis is stuck on the name Janet, after his mom. He honestly won't budge:) He hates every other girl name I have suggested:) I told him I would consider it as a middle name. Janet just seems like such a grown up name. It's hard for me to picture a baby named Janet. Maybe it's just me:) Anyway, we are super and yeasterday I made my million phone calls to Travis' family and a few to mine:) I appreciate so much how happy everyone is for us and how supportive they are with all of the crazy crap we have to go through to get pregnant. I think I want one more after this but Travis says if we have a girl, we're done. He's funny to think he has a say in the matter:) lol I think we'll see how this baby turns out and then we'll decide if we'll have one more. Now ou all get to look forward to pregnancy blogs for the next 10 months!! Woohoo! I know you're all excited!!

No comments: