Tuesday, June 30, 2009

That explains it!

I'm having TWINS!!!!!!!!! I don't even think it has truly hit me yet and I don't know when it will:) But I think it explains why I'm so wiped out SO early in this pregnancy! I went in for my appointment this morning, full on expecting one baby. I honestly didn't even prepare myself for the possibility of two. I mean, I knew it was a possibility, as with any pregnancy, but did not think I would ever be pregnant with twins. I laid down for the ultrasound and the screen was turned toward the technician. She was quiet for a while and then gave some measurements to the other girl in the room. When I was pregnant with Cole, the second he showed up on the monitor, she told me, "there it is!". This time it was quiet for far too long, so I asked if everything was okay and she turned the monitor around and said with a smile, "You've got two." I honestly gasped and said, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh". So, Travis was right again!! I really have to document that because it happens so rarely, lol. Anyway, I keep having flashes of all the stuff I did with Cole when he was first born and now I'm going to do it all over again, only this time with TWO babies. I'm kind of freaking out actually, which is probably a pretty healthy response:) Man, that's gonna be a lot of diapers! And a lot of feedings!! And a lot of clothes!! And a TON of POO!! Let's face it, it will be a lot of EVERYTHING. I'm really not worried though, I have a great support system. Between mine and Travis' families, I've got a TON of people to help me out. I'm mostly just worried for Cole. Even though I know he'll be fine, I think I'll miss it just being me and him. He is my little buddy, my little shadow. I don't ever want to be too busy to be with him and give him the attention that he needs. Man, I love that little dude:) Anyway, I'm super excited and freaked out! I get to go in in two weeks for an ultrasound and we get to see the heartbeatsssssss!! I'm going to have to get used to pluralizing this pregnancy...babies, heartbeats, them, etc. It's INSANE! Some of the best news is that I'm done having kids:) I only wanted three (Travis only wanted two, haha) so I'm tapping out after these little buggers come along. No more shots or procedures for me! Woohoo! With my luck, I'll get pregnant on my own when these two are only a year old or something...I shouldn't even say that out loud ;) Anywho...bring it on babies! Let's get to growing!! My due date is March first but since twins usually come early, I'm shooting for mid-end of February!! I've got to keep them cooking for as long as possible!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow! Man, I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now. That is so crazy, awesome, scary and everything in between. It's a good thing you are a strong women!