Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Session #2...Keeping things in perspective

Things I have (and am extremely grateful for):
A wonderful husband and a beautiful son.
A family that loves me and would go to the ends of the earth for me.
A healthy body (my brain, on the other hand, that is tbd).
A healthy son.
A healthy husband.
A job (not my ideal but it helps pay the bills AND I get to have Cole with me all day).
A husband that has a job.
No broken bones.
No addictions (except for kissing Cole).
A house.
Food.
A car.
Cable :)
I can breath on my own.
I sleep well.
I have a very well behaved (in public) and happy little boy.
I have two arms, two legs, a torso and a head.

Things I don't have:
A properly functioning reproductive system.
An ideal body.
An ideal face.
No money worries.

As you can see, the good definitely outweighs the bad. And even my bad is a heck of a lot better than other peoples' bads. Keeping things in perspective is HARD. We are all so wrapped up in our own little worlds, that when things don't go as planned, we can sometimes be devastated by the most insignificant things. I think about how much effort and money it takes for me to get pregnant and I start to get sad and a bit self loathing. What I should be thinking is how thankful I am that I CAN get pregnant and I should be grateful that I live in a world where, not only can I afford the medicines but that I have access to medicines that can help me get pregnant. I think about the gadgets and "things" that I want and don't have, when I should be grateful that I have a roof over my head. It's, of course, tough to stay in this frame of mind but it's good for me to remind myself of how good I have it from time to time.

No comments: