Thursday, February 15, 2007

How Funny...

I didn't even mention Valentine's Day yesterday:) It is probably because I think it is the lamest holiday ever. It saddens me that for some people, Valentine's Day, is the only day out of the year that people truly show their love for one another. It is mostly pathetic when men have to pay quadrouple the price for some lame side of the road gift because they waited until the last second to buy something for their ladies. I actually saw a line of men at a road side stand of celophane wrapped teddy bears, waiting to buy these ugly gifts for their "loves". Why bother?! I'd much rather get nothing, than crap:) I know this sounds bitter but I just think Valentine's Day is a gross, over-commercialized holiday. I like saying "Happy Valentine's Day" to people but the whole concept of celebrating love only one day out of the year irks me. I get and give oodles of love and presents and good feelings all year long, so I don't look forward to Valentine's Day to make up for anything. That's just me:) I used to love Valentine's Day when I was a kid because sometimes it was the only way to find out who liked you in class:) Now, I know who I love and I know who loves me. I also know that I love chocolate and I hate roses. Ok, I'm done ranting. It's kind of funny that I like Thanksgiving so much...I guess I'm a hypocrite (or maybe I just love turkey & stuffing). Pregnancy makes me tired (and a bit irritable toward Valentine's Day...haha). I'm ready for a nap. Peace out.

No comments: