Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So, here I am...

I'm trying this blogging thing now. I hope that I will be more dedicated to this than journaling. I have a bajillion journals that have just a few pages in each filled out. I don't know why I'm so bad at it but I figure since I do get on a computer everyday at work, I will be more likely to write here everyday. I honestly don't think that I really have too much to talk about and I'm sure no one will be reading this but I think it will be good for me to keep tabs on myself for future generations :) Ha

I have been keeping a journal on my trials with infertility but now that I'm PREGNANT, I'm falling behind yet again:( I am so excited to finally be having a little me & Travis combo. We waited a while to have kids because we wanted to have a house, no debt and have alot of money saved. We are so lucky that IUI (Intra Uterinre Insemination) worked and that we didn't have to do IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) to get pregnant. Each cycle of IVF is between $16,000-$20,000. Each cycle of IUI was only around $1,200 and we only had to go through two rounds to get pregnant! I kept making jokes that if we had to do IVF, I would guilt my kid everyday of their life for being so expensive, "Sorry bud, you can't go to college because we spent your college fund to get you here". So, it worked and I'm due October 4th! I couldn't be happier! I'm not buying any baby stuff until after my first trimester though. I don't want to have a bunch of baby stuff in my house until I'm sure it's a keeper (sad to think about but I've never been pregnant, so we really don't know how I'll do). I'm staying super positive though because I do have a tendency to stress out about...EVERYTHING!!!

No comments: