Friday, April 6, 2007

Sitting sucks...

Since I've never experienced lower back pain, I never realized how much it totally disables you. With upper back pain, I can just limit my movements with my arms. With lower back pain, you can't do ANYTHING without twisting, wrenching, pinching or just hurting it in some way. Unless you just lay perfectly still and don't move:) Anyway, I'm sure this is not news to those of you who have had lower back pain but damn...it just sucks. I stayed home from work on Wednesday and laid in bed all day and iced it. I thought I was feeling better yesterday, so I came in...bad idea. Laying down feels much better than sitting. I am more sore again today. I should have just stayed home one more day and I probably would have felt tons better. Oh well...whatcha gonna do?

My round little uterus is growing and I love it! I'm still having the pukes though, so that sucks. I bought some Seabands from Walgreens and so far, they are helping me not to puke. Well, I didn't throw up yesterday:) But that's a start. My mom and little sister, Louisa, will be here later this month and I'm so happy I get to see them. They will both be here for my next OB visit but I don't think I am having an ultrasound so I don't think I will have them come, even though they want to. We are having an Easter party tomorrow at some park with all of the Stanley kids and their kids. Our Easter parties are always fun. I love watching all of the kids search for Easter eggs and play all of the games we plan. Good times. Happy Easter Everybody!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Nan, oh, I feel for you! I can totally relate to your back pain, and I am really hoping yours gets better. It is totally debilitating. FYI, though, just so you know: when I was pregnant & having such bad back problems, the chiropractor (who I saw about 4 times a week) told me that vacuuming and doing dishes are 2 of the worst things you can do for your back. So no dishes or vacuuming! Keep icing it, and try taking Tylenol PM at night to help you sleep. Good luck, honey!