Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Will I ever not feel sick?

Here is a question to all of you mothers out there. I know that every pregnancy is different but did the nausea completely go away at some point? Would it still hit you if you just hadn't eaten in a while or did you just wake up one day and you didn't feel sick again for the rest of your pregnancy? I'm just wondering if I'm causing the nausea by not eating every 2-3 hours. It almost seems like my blood sugar gets too low and I get sick, so I need to eat something to feel better. But then there are some times that I will not feel sick, eat lunch and 1-2 hours later barf it all up like I had food poisoning. I'm feeling sad and annoyed. I've tried anything and everything to help with my nausea but something that seems to work one day doesn't work the next. Should I just give up and expect to be sick for the rest of my pregnancy?

Also, Travis and I can't agree on a girl's name...any suggestions?

2 comments:

barlows said...

Okay. I can totally relate to your icky-ness. All four of my pregnancies have been blessed with little trauma or stress, but I NEVER had that "glowing" feeling some people feel, not did I EVER think, "I LOVE being pregnant." Never. Not that I spent my 36 months of pregnancies hating every minute, but I felt like my body was on strike from the norm and would be always on the verge of "gross." Some days were better than others, but I was always ready to be wiped or sick or emotional or overwhelmed at any given point. You could be right about the blood sugar thing; I ate something througout my entire pregnancies, fairly regularly. I can say forcing myself to stay active did make me feel better as long as I didn't overdo it. Even when I wanted to yak and sleep all day, if I made myself get out and walk or work or something, it took my mind off the gross. SO, hang in there. As far as it ever going away, don't count on it. Even after they're born, the lack of sleep, diaper blow-outs, midnight barfs in the crib, etc. still might make you queesy. Motherhoods the best, right?! As far as names, my fave girl names are . . . wait, does this mean you know what it is? . . . Natalie and Ava. Love ya. Hang strong momma!

Erin said...

Your nausea MIGHT go away at some point, might not. I know a few people who were sick their entire pregnancies. Mine usually went away around month 4. Try to get a rx for Zofran from your doctor. That's the most powerful nausea medication (they usually give it to chemo patients), and it worked GREAT for me this last time. It's expensive, but if you've got good insurance they should cover it. One of those a day usually did it for me. Hopefully yours will be gone soon and doesn't decide to haunt you the entire rest of the way! Good luck, honey! Hmmm, girl names? How 'bout Savannah, Hallie, Ella, or Morgan... oh wait--not Morgan. That means you would have a Morgan Stanley. Isn't that the name of an investment firm or something?